THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is a part of the Holy Trinity with the Father and Son. God is three in one and there are three very distinct Person’s that make up the Godhead. They are all equal in every way. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all: Omnipotent – all powerful, Omnipresent – at all places at once and Omniscient – all knowing.
Jesus said it was imperative that He go or the Spirit would not be sent and that it was important enough for them to wait until the Spirit came to empower them. On the day of Pentecost, the believers who were assembled in the upper room experience a new Baptism of the Holy Spirit which purpose was to empower them for service. Acts 1: 8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, and all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth”. Acts 1: 14 informed us that they (about one hundred and twenty) met in the upper room for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, men and women. “These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women. Acts 2: 1-4 says ”Then the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”. So what are some of the things the Holy Spirit do in the life of a believer?
- The Holy Spirit teaches us things about God and ourselves. John 14:26 says “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you”.
- The Holy Spirit tells the truth. John 15:26 says “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeded from the Father, he shall testify of me”.
- The Holy Spirit guides. John 16:13 says “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come”.
- The Holy Spirit convinces. John 16:8 says “And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment”.
- The Holy Spirit prays for you. Romans 8:26-27 reads “Likewise the Spirit also helped our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself make intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searched the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God”.
- The Holy Spirit is our mighty, wise and caring counselor. John 14:26 reads “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you”.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will fill you up today and all days of your life. Amen
HAPPY THANKSGIVING SUNDAY!